Season 1, Episode 3
In this podcast we talk with Chef Mimi. Chef Mimi is a Culinary Artist, Community strategist and Mother whose focus is to bring diversity and inclusion into the food space. As an African-American Chef, her mission has been to create space for Chefs to express their culinary skills without being told or limited to a narrative such as – Black Chefs only can cook Soul Food or BBQ. Chef Mimi believes that regardless of your class or ethnicity, “We are all connected through food.”
In this episode, we discuss:
- How we should consider thinking about our food beyond our cultural tendencies, families, and systems.
- How Chef Mimi is creating content including ‘Bringing It To The Table’ which is the first food competition showcasing African-American Chefs (many of which we know from the Food Network), Corporate Catering, and Live Food and Wine Experiences.
- How to explore going Vegan or plant-based as a food option.
- African-Americans within the business of food, as Chefs, manufacturers, and growers.
- Chef Mimi’s suggestion on how all of us can expand our food experiences.
Chef Mimi, Culinary Artist, Community strategist and Mother.